Wednesday 19 July 2017

The Strawberry-Filled Banana Donut

Anouska is on pain pills this week to see if it helps her move better. The vet suggested syringing them into her mouth mixed with mushy food, but my attempts at that failed dramatically

Now, she loves fruit, especially bananas and strawberries. So for the last few days I have been pushing the pills into a small piece of banana and medicating her by stealth - she thinks she's just getting extra treats. It was all working out well until today when I tried to mix things up and use strawberry - for some reason, "not banana" was worth some thumping and grumping.

After several unsuccessful attempts to persuade her it was something tasty, I resorted to digging the now half-dissolved tablet out of the strawberry, scooping out a piece of the banana and slotting the strawberry/medicine mix in. So she ended up with something resembling a banana donut with strawberry centre. It worked well, she scoffed it immediately, but I'm dreading tomorrow - I fully expect her to reject her morning medicated banana until I put the strawberry filling in it again.

1 comment:

  1. The things we do to medicate our bunnies. We mix Barneys epilepsy meds with banana and strawberry smoothie the only way he will take it and only one particular brand ( the most expensive of course!)Tried a different mix and well.. if he could put me on the naughty step i'd still be there now!!

    ReplyDelete