Wednesday 16 November 2016

Colourful Negative Tips

This weeks theme is about "negative space", so if you are following along with us then I hope you are finding some good ideas for your own rabbit photos. If you are finding it challenging, don't worry - there are plenty of great web pages out there if you need inspiration (like this one or this one or...in fact you can pretty much just do a Google image search for 'negative space photography' and you're sorted).

I want to throw another tip at you in case you are wondering why some of your photos look kinda cool while others just don't work at all. I think this next tip is so relevant to this weeks theme because it is very much emphasised by all the space in these pictures. And that tip is this: Be very mindful of your complementary colours.

I must confess here, I myself am terrible when it comes to colours. Perhaps it stems from my younger years as an aspiring goth when as far as I was concerned there was only 'black', 'white' and 'other'. Well anyway, I am now aspiring to better (photographical) things so I am trying harder. If you don't know about complementary colours, I am not going to re-invent the wheel here, go and take a look at the excellent introduction to the topic by professional photographers Chelsea and Tony Northrup over on their website.

Got all that? Memorised that wheel thingy? Good! Time to start preparing for today's photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment